While Google Adwords continue to reign in the world of online paid advertising, Facebook ads aren’t far behind, and advertising on other social platforms is growing as well.
Things that make you go, “Hmmmm.”
Should you be investing in social media ads? Does it pay to use paid advertising on social networks? Take a look at these stats:
- Ad spend on social media is on pace to overtake television!
- Over 2 million businesses advertise on Facebook
- Facebook boasts more than 1.6 billion users and growing (a pretty big audience)
- Facebook is ranked second only to Google as the platform to drive the most ROI
- 86% of Twitter’s ad revenue comes from mobile users (yet another good reason to be mobile-friendly!)
- 79% of B2B Marketers say LinkedIn is an effective source for generating leads (all the more reason to target your ads here)
The fact of the matter is, as algorithms change and social media feeds are altered, organic traffic is becoming increasingly more difficult for businesses to gain. That means, for many companies, to compete in today’s market, advertising on social media is no longer an option — it’s become a necessity.
Here’s another stat for you: 7 out of 10 Generation X users are more likely to make purchases from brands they follow on social media.
If you aren’t actively using social media platforms, you should snap out of it! If you want to use social to its full potential, you should consider ads. Like Google Adwords, you can run a Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn ad campaign on any budget. You can input your marketing objectives, choose your audience and format, target your message and track results.
When you consider that everyone under the sun spends more time on social media every year - we’re talking at least 30% of all time spent online is spent on social platforms - well, then, odds are your audience is there too, and it makes sense to put your ad where your audience is, right? Meet them where they are, and they’ll be that much more apt to go from liking and sharing to clicking and converting.
You can learn more social savviness by asking the experts at Revel or by taking advantage of the free resources we provide. Dial 231-727-9778 and we’ll be happy to help you with this and all things marketing that make you go, “Hmmmm.”